Hair Cut and Styled by Nikki Ray. Hair colored by Izabela Dziak
Hair stylist Jonn Rhamani has been working in the international hair scene in Washington D.C., London, and New York City since 1990. Fifteen years of experience have brought him to the A·K·S ® family as a designer, bringing to their salon his own international clientele.
Jonn was born to a large family based in the sprawling suburbs of Washington DC. The global sophistication of the nation’s capital stimulated his affinity for fashion and his interests eventually led to his training at the London based Graham Webb Hair Salon. Webb’s establishment proved a terrific starting point for tri-lingual Rhamani and upon graduation, the star pupil was immediately hired by Bruno Dessange in fashionable Georgetown.
From Bruno Dessange, Jonn was drafted by the chic London Shop Double Scissors that focused on cutting edge style. He had a chance meeting with clients of NYC based Frederic Fekkai who encouraged him to meet with Frederic. His own yearning to return to the states brought him to New York City where Frederic Fekkai immediately drafted him as an associate. Jonn started at Fekkai’s 57th Street mega salon in 1996; he remained there until today when he happily moved to the newest incarnations of A·K·S® on 54th and 5th.
Click link below or on any image to watch:
Samantha loves what she does. Everyday she gets to be inspired by her clients. Her belief is that the best haircolor derives from listening to her client, assesing the tones best suited to them and then painting the color into the hair in a way that complements their haircut and personal style.
Eager to realize her lifeong dream to create beauty, Samantha joined the AKS team ready to learn. She started her training, learning all the basics and then spent two years honing in on those skills with Kathleen Flynn. Under Kathleen, Samantha learned to not only create outstanding color but also to be comfortable in the presence of cameras and celebrities and to accomodate the needs of an exacting clientele.
A few minutes with Samantha, and you’ve left all the hassles of your day behind. Her calming energy, her patience and her good humor combine with her skilled hands and trained eye; You leave Samantha’s chair not liking your color but loving it and knowing how to maintain it.
♥ High Ponytail
1. Use Phyto Shine Defining Wax to smooth the ends
2. Brush the hair away from face and neck keeping your chin up and head tilted back
♥ Half Updo
1. Start with a second day hair
2. Smooth out the ends with a brush
3. Part and braid down past ears and secure with pins
1. Apply Phyto Volumizer all over damp hair
2. Flip head over and scrunch while applying heat with a blow dryer on a low speed
3. Curl random pieces with a one inch curling iron
♥ Textured Topknot
1. Apply Phyto Volumizing Mouse to dry hair
2. Flip head over and scrunch applying heat with a blow dryer to give hair texture
3. Make high pony tail, then twist hair into messy bun and secure with pins